Off we go on our longest road trip yet!!! Little did we know... at this point... that it would be a rough drive down!!!

We hit Indy about 4:30 and it took us about 5 -1/2 hours to get down to IU. Much longer than it should have!!! And, my sweet little boy was NOT very happy. He slept about 20 minutes of the whole drive and pretty much cried the rest! It was MISERABLE! I felt bad for him, but also felt bad for us being trapped in the car with a crying baby! Madison was AMAZING! She took over an hour nap right as we left - even thru his crying! When he did fall asleep she was quiet for us! What a good girl! ;-) It was very frustrating! I'd go thru moments of trying to help him, and then I'd get mad because NOTHING I did seemed to help him. I think it was part fussiness from Hand, foot, mouth, and part teething pain from his molar and eye tooth on the same side breaking thru! But, I also feel part of it was that he was MAD to be restrained in his car seat and he is very stubborn - like me!

We hit Indy about 4:30 and it took us about 5 -1/2 hours to get down to IU. Much longer than it should have!!! And, my sweet little boy was NOT very happy. He slept about 20 minutes of the whole drive and pretty much cried the rest! It was MISERABLE! I felt bad for him, but also felt bad for us being trapped in the car with a crying baby! Madison was AMAZING! She took over an hour nap right as we left - even thru his crying! When he did fall asleep she was quiet for us! What a good girl! ;-) It was very frustrating! I'd go thru moments of trying to help him, and then I'd get mad because NOTHING I did seemed to help him. I think it was part fussiness from Hand, foot, mouth, and part teething pain from his molar and eye tooth on the same side breaking thru! But, I also feel part of it was that he was MAD to be restrained in his car seat and he is very stubborn - like me!Luke did well at dinner. He sat and ate some mashed potatoes, bread and crackers with Nana and daddy while I ate my meal. Then, I took him for a walk around the block. College towns like that are so neat!
Smiles from cute Luke after dinner playing at Corey's apartment. It was the nicest apartment I had EVER seen for a college place. The previous apartments I have been to I wouldn't have let my kids down to crawl around!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment