Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Friday, May 2, 2008

5/2/08 - Counting down...

Madison has been asking when her birthday is, so I made her a countdown. The longest one yet! I had to split it up! ;-) It helps her to visually see how long she has to wait tho!


About Luke - Wow, this was a rough week!  He has been FUSSY, FUSSY and more FUSSY!  Pretty much if he was awake he was on my hip - otherwise he would cry!  Thanks to mom and dad I had a break yesterday - thank goodness.  I needed it!  I took him to the doctor Tuesday morning and found out he has strep throat!  UGH!  So, he was put on Amoxicillin.  Usually after about 24 hours their mood is doing a lot better - not the case!  His nose was running like crazy and he was so miserable.  Yesterday when I went to pick him up from my parents he had started a rash.  I figured it was a reaction to his meds - so I was a bad mommy and took him to the nursery at church.  I called this morning to get a new medicine.  I got a call back within 30 minutes and they told me to bring him in asap.  Made me nervous.  So come to find out... he has hand, foot, mouth virus.  It causes a rash, fevers and fussiness.  Uh yea!  It is worse this morning and looks just like the pictures.  It is worst on his cheeks, feet, hands and he even has a few sores in his mouth.  He has a little bumpy rash over almost all the rest of his body!  They said it is for sure not a reaction to the medicine and to keep giving it to him because he may have some strep too.  He is contagious - mostly only to other kids... adults get it rarely but it doesn't show up as a rash it shows up as sore joints.  My knee has unexplainably hurt since Wed... so maybe I am one of those rare adults - well we all already know I am rare!  ;-)  His rash looks kind of like little blisters.  Poor little guy.  He sure has been thru a lot for only being just barely a year old!  He seems to be a little less fussy today!  He actually played by himself for a little bit - yahoo! Say a little prayer for us as we head to IU this weekend for Aunt Corey's graduation.  I pray this precious little boy of mine is feeling better very soon!   

No comments: