Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Luke
I have to document this in my 'journal' so here it goes... last week Luke went to Vacation Bible school along with Madison and some friends. It was at a friend's church so my kids weren't familiar with the place or the people. I assume Madison would do well as she always does, and she did. I told her I was so proud of her for going with her age group and not sticking with the kids she knows - all 3 year old's from our play group! 3 of the 5 mornings I dropped the kids off. Luke was MAD he was going. He would yell at me and tell me he was NOT going. Luckily a friend of mine stayed as a volunteer so that was his lifeline and my saving grace to be able to leave. Today at play group she told me how AWESOME Luke did. All the other boys were out of control, hitting, over active... normal boy stuff... normal Luke stuff - while I'm around. She only ever sees Luke with me around. She said that she was thrilled to see a side of him that she'd never seen before. He was totally in control. Doing what he was supposed to be doing at all times. Participated in everything and was so sweet! She just went on and on about how different he was then any time she'd every seen him! She said he will do great at preschool. Made my week! I'm doing it right. They are supposed to test us - their parents - since they are comfortable with us. It was great to hear that he does pay attention and when it's important he does know how to behave! I was hoping this would be the case, but it was great to hear it was so! He really is a sweet kid. He is just all boy, very active and likes to test me to the ends of the earth and back. Oh, and after fighting me all last week about going to camp, now this week he is begging to go back to camp! Can't win! ;-) Always an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment