We have been having a rough week here. My only thought is that even tho he is doing well and is excited to be potty training he doesn't do well with change. He has been very angry this week. TONS of frustration, screaming, yelling, hitting, pushing... on and on and on! Above is a video from a few moments ago! He acted like this for about an hour. It started in the car as we were leaving MOPS. He got lost in the shuffle and peed so much he was wet to his shoes! ;-( They forgot he was potty training and the lady basically blamed me for bringing him a sippy cup! They have a bathroom right there and there weren't many kids in the room with him. Oh well! I was upset because he was upset! I'm sure he was embarrassed... He has since settled down! Praise God. It is so hard for me to see him so upset! We are working (while he is calm) on using our words to express or needs, wants, feelings... I'm also sticking to walking away or sitting down and doing something else and ignoring him. I know much of this is to get my attention! It is SO hard when he is pushing me, hitting me, screaming in my ear, etc...
On a side note - last Tuesday at Playgroup he asked to pee on the potty and for the first time ever he peed for me! And we weren't even at home! He has peed for daddy a few times. So, that night we went out and got some character underwear! He LOVES them! Even carries around the clean ones! He has been doing so well. Today was his only big accident and I don't blame him at all! Accidents when I'm not there don't really count. He has had one where he started to go and he grabbed himself and we ran to finish. That has to happen so he gets familiar with the feeling. So, he has been doing well for over a week now. We have had a few poop in the underwear issues, but yesterday he pooped on the potty! YAHOO! I hope that sticks. MAdison always asked for a diaper to poop in! At the time it was frustrating, but it is much better than tossing or cleaning out pooped in underwear! He hasn't pooped yet today so, we will see what happens... The funniest part is what reward he did it for - a bracelet! Yesterday all morning and into the afternoon the kids were fighting over a stupid rubber bracelet. So when we went to McDonalds for lunch and to play - Luke laid it on the table and it was 'lost' if you know what I mean! A little help from mommy! So they looked all over for it! I told them that if he pooped on the potty I would get them each new bracelets of their own. After nap daddy put him on the potty and as soon as he sat down he said "I get a bracelet!" He said it several times but didn't realize what was going on! I told him the story and he was proud but a bit upset his manly son did it for the prize of a bracelet! ;-) That's what happens when he spends his days with 3 females! We took him to the dollar store and he actually ended up getting a Spiderman Puzzle instead! Daddy was so happy about that!
So, lot's of happenings here in the potty world! It's trying but I'm excited to get out of the diaper stage!
I hope you are all doing well! Take care and have a blessed day!


No comments:
Post a Comment