This morning Anthony, Maddie and I got up and headed over to church to serve/volunteer for the community today. Our great friend Jeanna met us over there! ;-) Aunt Corey Jo stayed and watched Luke for us. We went with the group to Feed the Children to pack boxes for the people in INdy who lost so much due to flooding. We were on Mac and Cheese 'duty'. We were packing food boxes that contained pasta, beans, turnip greens, corn, gum, M&M's, stuffing mix... We saw thousands upon thousands of boxes of Mac and Cheese! Madison did very well though she can't quite grasp how there are some people that don't have anything to eat. It'll all sink in as she ages, but for now our answers don't quite make sense to her!
We got home and the kids napped. I headed out to put the 2nd/final coat of stain on our deck. Yes, Anthony did help a bit, mostly he supervised! ;-) We did the first coat 2 weekends ago but we have been getting so much rain we haven't had the chance to finish it up. We are ready to get the furniture back on the deck so we can utilize it!
After I finished that and the kids woke up we headed to Nana's pool. The weather was hot and the pool was refreshing! Madison is a fish and was probably in the pool for 3 hours until we got her out for dinner! ;-)

Luke still isn't too sure about this whole pool idea. He didn't like sitting down so far into the water! I held him most of the time him and I were in the pool!


I tried to get him to go back in there, but he wouldn't put his feet in the water... he liked this position better. Mr. Laid Back! He has been in a great mood the past two days. Just walking around and talking away. He is so funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment