Luke is doing well sleeping at night. Our new nighttime routine seems to be working well. Bottle, cereal off a spoon, bath, rock and off to bed. He usually cries a bit since we don't lay him down asleep. Usually within 15 minutes he is out. But, if not we go up comfort him and lay him back down. We have eliminated his night feedings. If he wakes up, we let him fuss for about 15 minutes and then go to comfort him if needed and repeat. Last night he went down at 8, got up at 2:30 fussed a bit... I picked him up and rocked and sang to him some, laid him down and he moved a bit to get comfy but didn't make another noise until after 5:30 this morning! ;-) Some mornings he wakes up and rolls over to play with his feet, but doesn't just wake up and scream like an infant - love it!
Sitting up like a big boy! Doing so well and steady sitting up!
You can probably see the drool here, a constant stream! So gross. Think he is working hard on getting those teeth out, we may actually see them pop thru some day!
Also, a note about mommy. I found out from a 3 hour glucose test that I am hypoglycemic. I have thought I probably was for many, many years... So, I have to eat 6 small meals/snacks a day that are 50% carbs and 50% protein. I am struggling with this a bit, but after a few weeks I am sure it'll become habit. I have to forgo weight watchers - atleast for awhile since keeping track of how many carbs and protein is in everything is stressing me out more than enough. I just pray that this new way of eating doesn't allow the weight I have worked so hard to get off to creep back on. But, I also hope following doctor's orders will improve the way I feel immensly!


No comments:
Post a Comment